Thursday, April 07, 2005

The damn id

Don't you love waking up in the morning and thinking to yourself "what was i thinking"? If that happens to you a lot then chances are your id is pulling all the strings. I hate nights when my id takes over, cause this usually causes 3 things to happen.
1) Somehow i end up putting myself in a situation that i know isnt condusive to me being the kind of guy i like to think of myself as.2) Soon as Id takes control he usually invites his friend alcohol and/or testosterone along (testosterone being the guy in charge of men's "second brain"). When these guys get togather and have their way, your probably going to have a story to tell.3) Things that shouldnt happen happen, at some point i make it to sleep, and the next day wake up (usually to go to work after only 3 or 4 hours of sleep) and think to myself again "your a moron."

Fortunatly i think going through this is helping me figure some things out and what ive realized is, the best way to discover who you are, is by discovering who you arn't. Now you may be saying "no duh" or "thats dumb" but its true. Think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Strange thing that alcohol. It makes us do weird stuff like stumble over backwards ending up in the floor using the back of the chair you fell over as a pillow. Then begging your friend Ryan to help you pull your jeans off because of a strange fear that at any given moment a scorpion is going to crawl up your pant leg and sting you unmercifully while you lay there unable to destroy it. Or my most favorite event being that I often spend the entire drunken evening with some attractive woman, then forget to ever get her phone number. I get alot of grief from the buddies about that habit.

Bottomline, I meet up with the alcohol beast maybe once or twice a year. In moderation and of course in the confines of a safe area, it's all good. Come to Florida, Ryan and I will introduce you to our best friend Joe. THE DRINKER!!!

4/08/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Mac has a point. And that is one of my favorite stories.

In one room I had my at-the-time girlfriend, who drank herself into an amazing level of pukeitude. In the other I've got one of my best friends, who has fallen over the back of a chair in such a way that I've never seen, begging for me to remove his pants.

And everyone wonders why I don't drink...

4/08/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home