Friday, March 25, 2005

Working for a moron - everyone has experianced this

Had my first meeting with the fire department guys last night. What a kickass group, i can tell im gonna have a good time working with them. Unfortunatly I have to train for 3 months while working my shitty retail job. Which brings me to tonights point...working for a moron. Im sure all of you have had the experiance or working for some idiot who should be washing your car instead of telling you what to do. Its a huge pet peeve of mine, because I've had a lot of cases where its obvious that im smarter then the person but most times i've got a higher level of education also. I'm hoping i'll get out of this scenerio once im done with the whole college job thing and get rolling in my career.
Oh yea and btw, its even worse when the person patronizes you. "Oh good job, thats what i like to see!"(in a stupid superficial voice) Don't treat me like a child you fricken idiot, you should be cooking my fries.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Hey, look at that. My man has a fan, and a cheerleader to boot :)

Bro, I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been there in my career on numerous occasions.

I remedy the stupidity of other people by pretending to be dumber than they are.

Exibit A: I once had a Captain that was a total ass and loved making officers miserable. In actuality he was dumb as a stump so everytime he tried to give me grief I would come up with some off the wall comment. He onced asked me what I was doing at the moment and I responded with, "I'm thinking that some boiled peanuts would be nice right about now." He would get frustrated and leave me alone. That route doesn't always work, but maybe you can give it a try.

By the way, that captain was eventually dismissed due to a picture on his personal website being discovered which showed him in uniform with his wiener exposed. So I guess what comes around goes around.

peas out

-S

3/28/2005  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/28/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, Scott, it takes a few minutes for your post to register... You don't have to keep re-clicking the link =)

Now on to my Comments for my boy Adder.

1) Everyone has experiEnced this. Even in your blogs I gotta correct you =)

2) I've had the incredible pleasure in my past two jobs of NOT working for morons. My two managers at Sam Ash were the coolest ones there. Now, that company is run by turdlets, but my honchos were by and by the best. My current boss is the nicest guy imagineable, very laid back yet professional.

I know you're going to get along great with the fire dept. You'll rock their friggin socks.

And look at you. You're getting CHEERLEADERS checking you out, just from this blog. Tell me you are not THE MAN.

3/30/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home