Wednesday, March 23, 2005

New Job

Well I got the call today and everything is go with the fire department. Now it wasnt my dream as a child to be a firefighter; actually most of my childhood I wanted to be in law enforcement. I even have a bacholors degree in Criminal Justice, but those who know me know I dont have the police mentality and at this point im scared of law school because of how much deeper my student loans would become. So with graduation, and the ending of my relationship with the ex i sat and thought to myself about what to do. I've always told myself I would never chase money, but instead live my life doing something meaningful that gives me a purpose. I've talked to a number of the guys who I will end up serving alongside and they all tell me the same thing, they love what they do, and the adventure and risk that goes along with it. So now im really looking forward to starting training, getting certified, and my first experiance in a blaze. I'm never going to be a rich man, but if on every drive to work i have a smile on my face then it will be more then worth it. Oh yea, and the shifts are 24 on 48 off...so i'll have lots of time to spend sailing around the S.C. and Ga coasts.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on man. You make me proud.

3/23/2005  
Blogger Jen said...

That is fantastic - you will have to post a picture of you in your gear! Just be careful, please!

AND - being that you will have time to sail around - life will have balance and be that much sweeter!

I think you have made the right choice - life is about quality - not quantity. Being able to know that you are living it to its fullest is what it is all about!

3/24/2005  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Fire Bad! Haven't talked to you in a bit bro, hmmmm...I haven't seen the Vel man in a couple weeks either come to think of it. I need to get with it.

As far as the career choice, fire fighting is a very noble career to say the least. I wish you all the best with that, but try to refrain from any flatulence while in a blaze. There is nothing worse than trying to put out a fire while your own ass hair is smoldering.

Sailing is great, but as much time as I have spent on the water, I still have trouble pissing over the side of the boat. It's mind thing, the boat is rocking, I get locked up, oh geez I don't even want to think about it.

I'll be in touch.

3/25/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home