Sunday, March 20, 2005

Ending a Relationship

It's kinda funny that you can spend a decent amount of time planning to get out of a relationship and yet once it happens you will start to question if you made the right choice. I guess its the whole "grass is always greener on the other side" thing. In my case I think my feelings of doubt are spurred on by pride and the loss of something that felt "comfortable" but not great. First thing to always remember, things never work out as planned. I still know breaking up with the ex was the right thing to do, I just always saw myself further along by now then I am. This unfortunatly leaves me wondering and contemplating the "what if" scenarios. Why? Because when you spend years in a relationship with someone, even the wrong person, you learn to fuction as a unit instead of independently. This has its benifits such as always having someone there for you when you need a hand, receiving affection and knowing your cared about, etc... When you grown accustomed to this and its suddenly gone, even by your own choice, your going to suffer, at least until you've completely adjusted (which you can expect to take some serious time). I think this may be the number one reason people will get back or stay togather, even if they know the match isn't right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for the faith, Adder...I am definitely throwing some back at you!

Trust your gut - it is going to take you great places! Now that you know, just like I do, that there are good people out there...

I believe people and experiences come into our lives with a purpose - now you know that is can work out - you just have to be ready to let those chips fall!!

Step at a time...

3/20/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home