Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Pope part 2

Well today Pope John Paul the 2nd died. He was possibly the greatest Pope of all time and an honorable man. I will not mourn for him but for the people who need him. To him i would like to be the first to say "congratulations on your promotion." God Bless

In other news...heres my schedule for the last 24ish hours.

-2:00 AM-, got home and made it into bed
-4:30 AM-, alarm goes off - crawl my ass into the shower, eventually climb out and fix breakfast
-5:45 AM-, meet at fire station 1, then head off to the bridge run (i got pictures so expect me to post some) It was a really nasty morning so i spent most of the day wearing soaking wet socks and shoes.
-9:00 AM-, get to rookie school. Sit it classroom till 4:30 PM. (sporadic breaks throughout this time)
-5:00 PM-, finally make it home and here i am typing this....i think i got a cold from my manager at American Eagle, my head is pounding.

So thats it for now, i could probably use some sleep, but thats not going to happen, not for a bit longer at least.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Hey, I watched the Ladder 49 movie. The ending was a bit much, but I guess they felt they had to go there. Be safe!!!

My work week often blows. I'm off alot due to working twelve hour shifts three on three off, four on four off. It's a cool schedule, but I'm pretty burned out by my last day.

For instance, Saturday night went crazy. They blasted some guy with an Oleoresin Capsicum fogger(more commonly known as OC pepper spray)in a holding cell and I had to go drag the guy out and put him in the shower. The fumes from that stuff, not only incapacitate the offender, but send me into a hacking, coughing, nose running fit of agony. I had to get another officer to step in an take control of the bad guy while I gagged, snorted, and washed my face. All this of course is being filmed for later review by a hearing board. So they have some nice shots of me saying, "Quick, get hold of this guy, I'm about to drop him."

Within five minutes of that some crazy guy decides to hit an officer. Several officers go to move this guy from his cell and he runs backward, stumbles over his property box and cracks his head on the metal bunk in the cell, Nice. So now we have a guy who is nuts to begin with bleeding like mad from a head wound. We have to take this guy to the infirmary where he is steady screaming that he just wanted a Pepsi. Then he went into some type of Pentacostal movement and started speaking in tongues and refused to cooperate with the nurses,had to be transported to an outside hospital for stitches,and I could go on. I spent a couple hours writing reports.

Awe, and this is just one day of my life :)

4/05/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home