Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The internet and other randomness

Havnt posted in about a week. Mostly cause i had nothing to speal about, but today i came up with a few things i can ramble on.

1) the internet and p2p web interaction - I was born in 80's so i did live a decent portion of my life before the internet popped up in everyones house. I guess its only been a common thing for about 10 years....wow how far we've come. Today i have friends who i have never met in real life. Guys who i have talked to for years now and never met in real life. Thats kinda nuts. 20 years ago the odds of me knowing someone in some random town ive never been to would be pretty slim. Now i know people all across the country thanks to the net. Its wierd to me to think that my kids will never know what it was like to not have people, information, etc.. all at thier fingertips.

2) Posting on my blog - thanks to everyone who does post, i appreciate it, keep it up! Yea even you scott...just lay off the budwieser beforehand next time :-p

3) Now thats REAL love - i gotta make a post about my favorite love song. Its kinda dark but if you wanna see what real passion is check it out...its called "in years to come" by thrice. Ill lay out the lyrics for ya

I wanna take the bullet, the one aimed straight for your heart
I wanna meet the wolves halfway and let them tear me apart
but thats not the way we do it here

I want to lay on the tracks
feel hot steel screaming at me
expose the bones on my back
let me show you what i mean

yea its a different kind of love
i want to climb barbwire fences, and warm my hands in blood
and this is my gift asking you to fix my ruined hands
and its the gift that keeps on giving and right now its all i have to give

I want to lay on the tracks
feel hot steel screaming at me
expose the bones on my back
let me show you what i mean
i want to write the perfect song, and play it just for you
while you lay tangled up in sleep
i need you more then i'll ever know
and till i stop breathing my lungs will take you for granted

--- damn great song, damn great band

thats enough chatter for now...take care and have a good day/week/month/year all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you wrote another entry :) I never thought of it, but it is weird how kids will never know what the world was like without the internet. Its kind of like our generation and TV. Hmmmm very interesting lol. Oh and about the thrice song,its definately not as romantic as "Chrome" ;) Now those are some romantic lyrics.

3/30/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, didn't mean to post it twice. I have not mastered the blog yet lol

3/30/2005  
Blogger Adder said...

Chrome is a kickass song....Katie we gonna brawl in a couple weeks. :-p

3/31/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the internet had been as accessible and prominent when I was a child as it is now, I would be seriously more messed up than I am.

My kids won't be allowed free access to the internet until they're 30.

Trace Adkins is coming to my town in a few weeks... I really should get tickets...

3/31/2005  
Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

That's got to be one of the oddest love songs I've ever heard of.

I started my own blog gimmick. I don't have much posted yet, but I will be adding stuff frequently.

-S

4/05/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home